Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Strawberry Lemon Bread

Oh my gosh, this bread is so good!

You need to go make this, like right now.
You won't regret it.


I had a quick bread recipe, but I didn't have half of the ingredients, so I just said a quick prayer & started tossing things together. I don't experiment all that often. But I had a feeling this bread was going to turn out nicely & it did. It is just beautiful! :)



It comes together in about 10 minutes, plus bake time.

Strawberry Lemon Bread:
(Makes 1 Loaf)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 cup of strawberry yogurt (I used Yoplait with fruit inside)
1/3 cup coconut oil (you can substitute vegetable or canola oil)
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon.
1 or 1 1/2 cups strawberries, cut in fourths (I used frozen, since it was all I had. I thawed them out a little first)

Mix the first 5 ingredients together. Put strawberries in a bowl & toss with about 1/4 cup of the dry mix, set aside. Mix the wet ingredients together (if using coconut oil, you will need to microwave it for about 30 seconds before adding it, so that it turns to liquid. Otherwise it'll be too hard to work in). Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture & stir just until moistened. Fold in strawberries. Do not overmix or your bread will be tough.

Pour batter into a greased loaf pan & bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing. You can serve warm or at room temp.

Alterations:
1. I'm sure blueberries or raspberries would be delicious too!
2. You could make muffins out of this by just pouring the batter into muffin tins & baking at 325 degrees for about 18-22 minutes (do the toothpick test. If a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, they're good to go).
3. You could sprinkle a little bit of sugar over the top before baking to give it a slightly crisper/sweeter top.

This bread is not overly sweet. It's light, moist & delicious. This will definitely be a bread that I make during the summer. :)

If you try this, please let me know what you think! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment